Self Hosting Trade Issue

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
Joint
Noob

Self Hosting Trade Issue

Post by Joint »

I am currently hosting a Singleplayer Server on my spare machine that my friend and I play on. Everything was working fine until we randomly became unable to trade. Anytime we try to give each other an item its says "You can not trade items with your own bot account" in red in the chat box. Anyone know how to fix it? This issue is tied to the character. When I created a new character on the server it was able to trade. I am not sure where the flag is to remove it.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We can work around it but it is very annoying.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Self Hosting Trade Issue

Post by Ceikry »

You used the unsupported, unmaintained, and mostly non-functional botscript system in an attempt to run scripts, and ignored the big red warning prompt telling you there would be repercussions for doing so.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

You also were only able to get into a state where that command even exists to begin with by modifying your configuration files.
Nerds
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Go into your

Code: Select all

2009scape/singleplayer/game/data/players
folder, find your username, open the file with Notepad, look for

"not_on_highscores":false
and change it to say

"not_on_highscores":true
Make a backup of your files before doing this, since making a mistake in this file could break your account
Joint
Noob

Post by Joint »

Boy I love this project but you guys are extremely sassy. You were less than friendly on the discord where I posted because the forums were down, told me to come here, then continued to be a sassy without even trying to help. Thanks for that!

Red I appreciate your reply with that solution. Unfortunately my character is already set to that setting. I'll just deal with the issue since this is clearly what I deserve. Thanks for trying though!
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

I'll admit there's a bit of sass, but surely you realize how it looks from my perspective.

You messed with a bunch of settings that you didn't understand, ran a command you didn't understand, ignored the warning that command gave you and continued to run it anyways, and then came to the live server discord to ask how to undo what you did.

Sassy, yes. From a place of malice? I assure you, no. Mostly from a place of amusement.

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, though! Seriously. I hope you don't take it too personally.
Nerds
Joint
Noob

Post by Joint »

Yeah I get it. I work professionally in a technology space where I manage tons of employees, customers, and buildings. I get how it looks which is why I am not taking it personally. It is all good. I know it can be frustrating at times.

I fully accept the outcome of my actions, that's not a problem. I knew going in that everything could break. However since the website explains how and where to make modifications, being curious, I tried it. That flexibility, while volatile, is part of why I love this project so much. I was just curious if it was a simple fix I was overlooking but sometimes broke is just broke.

All in all, I wish you guys the best because I want to see this live strongly for a long time.

- Joint
Red Bracket
Retired Staff

Post by Red Bracket »

Kk I figured it out. You need to open your account json (same as above) and change

{"type":"bool","value":true,"key":"not_on_highscores"}
to

{"type":"bool","value":false,"key":"not_on_highscores"}
Make sure you're logged out when you do this. You can then log back in and be able to trade
Joint
Noob

Post by Joint »

Thanks for the follow up. I already rebuilt my character and copied over his stats and whatnot from my original guys file who had been flagged so I can't really try this since I deleted it. Maybe it'll help someone else in the future though.

Thanks again for trying though, it is appreciated.