Earning credits: A beg disguised as a suggestion?

Game suggestions/implementation requests.
Toddwick 1x
Noob

Earning credits: A beg disguised as a suggestion?

Post by Toddwick 1x »

I'd like to suggest a new way for players to be rewarded in the community. How about allowing players to earn "Credits" by receiving "thanks" from fellow players?
This could be set up not just on the official forums but also on the official Discord server (via bot).
The concept is simple: for every 5 or 10 "thanks" you get, you earn 1 Credit. This can be changed to whatever you feel is right, or even use a more complex algo. to help prevent attempted abuse, etc.

This system would be designed to recognize the valuable contributions of players who might not have the skill or available time to contribute to game development directly but still play a vital role in the community. It's a small way to say "thank you" and to show that every bit of positive interaction matters. This could make the forums and Discord server even more welcoming and supportive, encouraging everyone to contribute in ways that enrich our community.
ryannathans
Staff

Re: Earning credits: A beg disguised as a suggestion?

Post by ryannathans »

Could be a ::thanks command ingame to thank someone, maybe you get one thanks to spend every day or something
Toddwick 1x
Noob

Post by Toddwick 1x »

ryannathans wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:22 am Could be a ::thanks command ingame to thank someone, maybe you get one thanks to spend every day or something
This is a much simpler way to handle it, yea - that way no Discord bot needed, and no account-linking needed. I really like that idea.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

It's about effort, too. Something this abusable and not directly correlated with player effort would require hundreds of "thanks" to even merit 1 credit.
Nerds
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

I also don't see a huge justification for it. Credits are meant to be a pretty exclusive thing and extremely hard to come by. Your average person shouldn't have enough to buy anything in the ::shop unless they are genuine, consistent contributors. It keeps the rares rare. There's already almost too many in the game.
Nerds
Toddwick 1x
Noob

Post by Toddwick 1x »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:41 am I also don't see a huge justification for it. Credits are meant to be a pretty exclusive thing and extremely hard to come by. Your average person shouldn't have enough to buy anything in the ::shop unless they are genuine, consistent contributors. It keeps the rares rare. There's already almost too many in the game.
This is also very valid. A good point to keep rares rare, and in order to do that - that would mean it would require an insane ratio of thanks:credits.
Good point.
H a x
Froob

Post by H a x »

Ceikry wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2024 4:41 am I also don't see a huge justification for it. Credits are meant to be a pretty exclusive thing and extremely hard to come by. Your average person shouldn't have enough to buy anything in the ::shop unless they are genuine, consistent contributors. It keeps the rares rare. There's already almost too many in the game.
Can confirm, maxed, contributed lots to the wiki (but those dont give credits), did minimal testing and dont know how to code. Never did claim any of those credits for the testing i did but I would be nowhere close to buying anything lol. And I think i got awarded 25 credits for something random once too lol. Only way to actually get a rare is to be very consistent with testing or be decent at coding and contribute.