Wildy right-click interface

Report potential bugs here, and if they seem valid we can create gitlab issues for them.

Moderator: Bug Janitor

Forum rules
- Check if a topic exists before creating a new one.
- Duplicate topics will be immediately deleted.
- Issues lacking detail or sources (where applicable) will be deleted immediately.
- Unimplemented content is not bugged content. Do not report unimplemented content.
- IF YOUR BUG IS EXPLOITABLE DO NOT REPORT IT HERE. DM the report to a Bug Janitor instead.
- Repeated violation of these rules may result in a user being denied access to this section.
Sia
Froob

Wildy right-click interface

Post by Sia »

I’ve spent probably 150 hours in the wilderness over the past few weeks hunting refenants.

I’ve noticed on near every occasion that right-clicking my games-necklace in an attempt to teleport removes the right-click interface before I can click the rub/teleport necklace option in the selection.

I believe this may be tied into the fact that I am running while doing so, but am not entirely sure.

Might possibly tie into something being refreshed too frequently if running is not the primary cause? Not sure.
Ceikry
Site Admin

Re: Wildy right-click interface

Post by Ceikry »

The client is in charge of the right click menu, not the server. If there's issues, they're issues that are supposed to exist.
Nerds
aweinstock
Developer

Post by aweinstock »

Any chance sending an interface string each tile that the player moves would keep closing the right click menu while the player is moving?

https://gitlab.com/2009scape/2009scape/ ... .java#L294
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

It's possible in theory, but also why the hell are we doing that?

At this point I should just rip out all of the wilderness code.
Nerds
aweinstock
Developer

Post by aweinstock »

Arios probably sent the string because their wilderness level calculation didn't agree with what the client displayed. Here's the corresponding CS2 script that has the right calculation.

Code: Select all

interface 381, component 1: ComponentDefinition { using_scripts: true, type_: 4, default_x: 1, default_y: 26, default_w: 52, default_h: 6, parent_id: 2, script_invs: ScriptInvocations { other: {8: script_54()}, on_mouse_enter: None, on_mouse_leave: None, on_click: None } }

Code: Select all

intarg_0 = UnpackY(0, [GetPackedLocation(0, [], [])], []);
intarg_1 = (((intarg_0 - 9920) / 8) + 1);
intarg_2 = (((intarg_0 - 3520) / 8) + 1);
if(6400 < intarg_0) {
  SetWidgetText(0, [24969217], [ConcatStrs([], ["Level: ", IntToStr([intarg_1], [])])]);
} else {
  SetWidgetText(0, [24969217], [ConcatStrs([], ["Level: ", IntToStr([intarg_2], [])])]);
}
Return(0, [], []);
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

"Arios probably brute-forced it because they couldn't accept that their code was wrong"

sounds about right.
Nerds
aweinstock
Developer

Post by aweinstock »