[Singleplayer] cannot start in HD

Having issues? Ask here!
Forum rules
- Search for existing answers before creating a new topic
- Topic titles must be descriptive and searchable
- Duplicate questions will be redirected to the existing answer(s) and locked.
xleliel
Noob

[Singleplayer] cannot start in HD

Post by xleliel »

Hi there,

Please forgive me, I am new at this. However, I am having some issues with my single-player client/server. Below is the timeline or sequence of events.
- when running launch.bat, everything launches normally however the game is only in SD
- when attempting to switch to HD or any other resolution, it causes the laptop to lag/freeze
- within the next few seconds, the console and the client both crashes

Here are some steps I have taken in an attempt to rectify this issue.
- re-downloading & reinstalling the game into different drives (both C drive and D drive encounter the same issue)
- reinstalling JDK 11 on my laptop

Attached are some screenshots of my laptop specifications and the console log when the client crashes. I have also attached the error log that was reported in the console. I sincerely hope to be able to play this game in HD. I appreciate the assistance. Cheers.

Attachments
hs_err_pid4300.zip
(24.14 KiB) Downloaded 30 times
ryannathans
Staff

Re: [Singleplayer] cannot start in HD

Post by ryannathans »

not that this is the likely problem - but where did you get that build from? the database has been removed from singleplayer for a fair little while now so you must be running something a bit old

additionally, that UI looks like it has been DPI scaled - can you please try setting your windows scaling to 100% and test again? then if that works step it up until it crashes
xleliel
Noob

Post by xleliel »

Thanks for the prompt reply, my windows was running on 150% scaling. I have tried scaling down to 100% to which it still crashed but made it repeat the error until it was able to terminate the process by itself. I have attached the new error log and the screenshot of the console log too. I got it from the 2009scape website, there is a link to the repository on gitlab... https://gitlab.com/2009scape/singleplayer/windows

at this point in time the error just kept repeating..

Attachments
hs_err_pid14356.zip
(24.43 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

If you follow the instructions at that link, you will get an up to date build, I don't know how you got an old one
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

Try playing multiplayer with this https://gitlab.com/2009scape/Saradomin-Launcher (you will need java 11 installed), does the client work in HD then?

Try toggling between the two client profiles, any difference?
xleliel
Noob

Post by xleliel »

I have deleted everything, and re-downloaded it with the link that you verified was correct. I am still facing the same issue, attached is the error log from the crash and also the console log in which I have copied onto a note file. Could it be the issue with the JRE that comes with it as I have a JDK installed?
Attachments
CrashLog240822_2038hrs.zip
(51.15 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

xleliel wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 12:43 pm I have deleted everything, and re-downloaded it with the link that you verified was correct. I am still facing the same issue, attached is the error log from the crash and also the console log in which I have copied onto a note file. Could it be the issue with the JRE that comes with it as I have a JDK installed?
Did you try the saradomin launcher? Do either of the client profiles in that work?

What version of nvidia drivers are you running? Can you please try the reset to defaults button in the nvidia control panel?
Ceikry
Site Admin

Post by Ceikry »

Your Windows configuration is likely excessively restrictive, as indicated by the below error.

Code: Select all

siginfo: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005), reading address 0x0000000000000488
This is what crashed the client.
Try running the SP client with Java 16. Perhaps newer versions of Java have worked around this bit of user error.
Nerds
ryannathans
Staff

Post by ryannathans »

Or running as admin?
xleliel
Noob

Post by xleliel »

Ceikry wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 1:23 pm Your Windows configuration is likely excessively restrictive, as indicated by the below error.

Code: Select all

siginfo: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005), reading address 0x0000000000000488
This is what crashed the client.
Try running the SP client with Java 16. Perhaps newer versions of Java have worked around this bit of user error.
Yup, tried the following. Attached are the crashlogs for all 3.

Sara launcher - Crashed ( doesn't start at all )
JDK 16 - Crashed ( upon selecting HD )
Running single player as administrator - Crashed ( upon selecting HD )

I am running on GeForce Game Ready Driver V516.94, and have already reset to defaults in nvidia control panel.
Attachments
CrashReport 240822_2257hrs.zip
(27.8 KiB) Downloaded 37 times